“I look forward to us becoming better friends and neighbors,” Josh Moenning, mayor of Norfolk, Neb., told the Hispanic congregation at Northern Heights Baptist Church on a recent Sunday morning.
The congregation is comprised of people from about 10 countries in Central and South America. Pastor David Martinez serves with Moenning on the Mayor’s Diversity Council in Norfolk.
The fields are ripe for harvest among Hispanics in Nebraska and Kansas. Martinez and his congregation are helping equip laborers to send into these harvest fields by:
- Mentoring potential Hispanic church planters
- Providing training through the new Colegio Bautista Latinoamericano (Latin American Baptist College) which began in early February
- Coaching and encouraging church planters who are serving in churches
- Staging outreach soccer camps – Martinez and a team from his church work with Hispanic church planters to use soccer to share the gospel in their communities. Plans are now underway for summer soccer camps.
- Staging an annual camp for Hispanic church planters and their families
The Hispanic population is growing in Nebraska and Kansas. Pray for Pastor David Martinez and the Hispanic congregation in Norfolk, Neb., as they equip laborers for this harvest field.