“Celebrating 75 Years of Sharing the Gospel in Every Town, City and Campus” is theme of the 2020-21 KNCSB Viola Webb Associational and State Missions Offering.
The offering goal is $210,000. Fifty percent of offering receipts go to the association where it was given.
Acts 1:8 (ESV) is the theme verse: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and the end of the earth.”
Find offering resources on the KNCSB website at https://tinyurl.com/ya8atzx5
Here are some Fast Facts about KNCSB:
KNCSB’s mission is to assist its churches to make disciples. This is done in four ways: By strengthening churches; starting churches; sending churches; and by helping churches share the gospel.
Here are some facts related to all four:
- 5 million people
- 82,000 Southern Baptists
- 461 churches and missions
- 12 Associations
- A team of Convention staff with decades of ministry experience help 5-10 churches yearly to regain health.
- Healthy leaders are a driving force for KNCSB and association staffs who partner in hosting six regional ministries.
- Yearly 200 or more leaders are trained locally to increase their effectiveness in doing ministry.
- KNCSB staff is involved daily in coaching and mentoring church leaders.
- Churches baptize 1,700 people on average yearly.
- “Who’s Your One?” and the “3 Circles Life Conversation” are gospel presentations that have been shared thousands of times in the last two years.
- Collegiate baptisms top 50 yearly.
- Super Summer leads more than 200 youth to Christ yearly and churches follow up with baptism.
- KNCSB partners with ministries serving forcibly displaced peoples in the United States and in Greece.
- 1,500 youth and adults attend missions events yearly sponsored by the KNCSB Sending Team.
- Hundreds of youth, college students and adults do international missions yearly.
- KNCSB spends more money on collegiate ministries than the Midwest Baptist state conventions spend collectively.
- Seven Church Planting Catalysts serve across KNCSB — two are church-based catalysts.
- 20 new churches are planted yearly on average.
- Comprehensive training for church planting is available through the Send Network from start to finish.
- The average church plant is funded at some level for four years.
- Church plants give an average of $70,000 annually to the Cooperative Program.